Saturday 26 March 2011

Awi the Funeral Horse

Hi.  I'm a carriage horse and I work for Karen Bassett pulling her horse drawn hearse with my partner Kora.    I'm a 10 year old black,16.2 hh Silesian horse and have lived with Karen since I was 5.  She found me in Poland when she was looking for horses for a client.  It was a very windy day when Kora and I came into the farmyard and we just stood right next to some flapping polythene without batting an eyelid.  Karen instantly decided we would make wonderful funeral horses and bought us.  My one weakness is that I need Kora as my security blanket and cannot go anywhere without her.  I also like to canter all the hills we go up, even if The Boss says there is no need, as it is just a slope!  For more photos of me, check out Karen's website http://www.karenbassett.co.uk/.

No comments:

Post a Comment